Newly Acquired Pristine All Original 1957 Model 88

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:29 pm
I put this in lay away back in December of last year and recently paid it off and picked it up today. This is absolutely an unmolested All Original Model 88 in .308 caliber. It may have had a few rounds, if that, put through her literally.

Fella that had it, a dealer in PA, got it from an old fella at a gun show. He also has another Model 88 in .284 that is as nice as this is as well for sale, if anyone is interested I can put ya in contact with him.

Anyways, I am amazed at how clean this 88 is! It is spotless, basically a brand new rifle. No wear in bluing, tight action, just a few handling marks here or there on furniture, checkering is clean and crisp. Glad I was able to strike a deal with the fella that had it for sale. He said it was as clean as he had ever seen one and he wasn't just saying it either. I am beyond happy!

Serial Number 40271, which makes it an early 1957 Model 88.

Furniture and bluing is stellar! The checkering is crisp and no wear whatsoever.

Lever Action shoes hardly any wear at all.

Magazine well no wear. Magazine although not pictured here looks as if it has never had a round loaded into it even!

Barrel Crown doesn't even show signs of being fired!

Original butt plate isn't even blemished!
Last edited by ColdWarGrunt on Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:03 am
Seems to be in great shape...congrats.
.22LR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:08 am
A 60 year old rifle in that shape is amazing. There were a lot of people who loved guns but did not love to shoot. That is the way it was with my family. In fact, that is the way it is with me.

Finding these fine guns is still possible, as you just proved. These are the examples of firearms that never lose value. They are pristine and not shot-out.

Congratulations.
Regards,
arlen
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:26 pm
Thanks Shooter!

Arlen yes they can still be had! Usually you have to pay out the nose for one as well. I got a Model 62A that is pristine as well from 1957, and if things go right I will have a Model 61 from 1957 in pristine condition to go along with them!
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:47 am
Very nice 88, congrats.
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:23 am
Thanks Skinner!
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member

Return to Winchester Model 88