Took My 88 Out To The Range To Confirm Zero

.22LR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:43 pm
So, with elk season upon us I took my 88 out to the range to confirm it's still sighted in where I like it; at 200yds with my 165grn SP handloads. All went well and with just 3 rds I was able to confirm everything was as expected.

So, with that out of the way, I decided to take a few shots with my 'plinkin' loads. They are reduced power 150grn SP I pulled some years ago. I went after my favorite reactive targets, bowling pins, and set them up at both 200 yds and 300 yds.

The 200 yd shots were a snap with my 3-9 Redfield Revolution scope as I'd zeroed it for 200 with the 165grn and the difference for the 150grn is small. In addition, the bowling pin has a 2-3" portion in the 'belly' where it's a 2 MOA wide target at that range.

The 300 yd shots were a bit more challenging as they are less than 1½ MOA targets but with some pressing, I was able to dispatch them too. All in all, I think I'm ready.

Return to Winchester Model 88