!st model Navy

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:13 am
I have just acquired a Winchester-Hotchkiss 1st model Navy Bolt Action Rifle. I got this rifle to hang on the wall in my home office. However, I have been told that this old gun, might have some collector value. I am a member of several forums, and own many firearms, but they are all modern. I have no knowledge of antique military weapons such as this rifle. The serial number is 3046, and it also has a "43" etched on the stock. The gun is in very good condition for it's age. I would appreciate any information about this rifle. I can provide photos upon request. Thank you for your anticipated assistance.

Lou
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:21 am
Yes...please provide some photos of this piece of history !

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:39 am
Here are some photos. I apologize for my lack of photography skills. Thanks .

The rifle has a serial number of 3046. The wood has many dings and dents, but no cracks anywhere. The proof marks/inspections marks are as follows. W.W.K. under these initials are R, US, and an anchor, and ">" "p" and a Eagles head. All in all for a 135 year old rifle it is in amazing condition.

Lou

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:32 pm
Cool old warhorse.Thanks for posting.

Return to Winchester Hotchkiss Rifles