Cooey Question

Copper BB
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:43 pm
Hi Everyone:

I'm currently debating the merits purchasing a Cooey model 600 that has become available to me, as a restoration project. Not having owned a .22LR since I was a kid, I'm not sure if this rifle is worth picking up, or if I should just pass on it and look at something newer. I'm not a gun snob at all and have a couple of old Mossberg's that I regularly use for birds. I just need a bit of advice as to the value of this .22 as a plinker/small game rifle. Do they shoot well? What is the general feeling about their value? I can pick this one up for $100 (I have a spare Bushnell 4x32 scope that I would want to mount on it).

Thanks for the help.

Shawn
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:07 am
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum Shawn !!

The Cooey is probably worth $100...with no picture to ascertain it's condition, I can only guess.

The firearm itself was made by H. W. Cooey Machine & Arms Company in Cobourg, Ontario ...who made most of the commemorative limited edition runs...(later acquired by the Winchester Arms Company. )

Return to Bolt-Action Rifles