Action Cycle Pics !

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:59 am
1st let me say.......DON'T do this at home kids!
seriously, the manual advises against removing the side plates as it'll probably void any warranty on a great rifle.......so I did it for you!!
I used to repair and restore these for a living as a professional gunsmith, so i'm not worried about the warranty....and i'll die of old age before the links stretch with modern steel.
Wanted to permanently mark the inside of a side plate for identification, and while it was open I shot these pics of the action cycle at work.

self explanatory.......

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:02 am
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:43 pm
Thanks for sharing Bama...!!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:37 am
I'm confused about the statement that the manual advises against removing the side plates. You need to do that in order to do a good cleaning and lubrication on the rifle. Especially those of us that shoot black powder in 44-40.
20g
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:36 am
Good show Bama.....thanks for the pics.

I have always admired the workings of a lever gun. Not only for the ingenious mechanics, but also, for the ease and smoothness of operation.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired USCGR CWO3

http://pages.suddenlink.net/comrads/index3.htm

Return to Winchester Model 1873