Action Cycle Pics !

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:59 am
1st let me say.......DON'T do this at home kids!
seriously, the manual advises against removing the side plates as it'll probably void any warranty on a great rifle.......so I did it for you!!
I used to repair and restore these for a living as a professional gunsmith, so i'm not worried about the warranty....and i'll die of old age before the links stretch with modern steel.
Wanted to permanently mark the inside of a side plate for identification, and while it was open I shot these pics of the action cycle at work.

self explanatory.......

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:02 am
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:43 pm
Thanks for sharing Bama...!!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:37 am
I'm confused about the statement that the manual advises against removing the side plates. You need to do that in order to do a good cleaning and lubrication on the rifle. Especially those of us that shoot black powder in 44-40.
20g
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:36 am
Good show Bama.....thanks for the pics.

I have always admired the workings of a lever gun. Not only for the ingenious mechanics, but also, for the ease and smoothness of operation.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR

Return to Winchester Model 1873