why so little traffic here???

This is the place to post anything and everything related to the functional aspects of this site.
Vendor
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:10 pm
youd think theres enough interest in Winchester out there. what gives?

case in point, this post is the 1st one in this forum in 5 years.
20g
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:03 pm
Something happened in the previous 2 years that locked some members out, including me. I suppose some gave up. Good to see you back.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR
Vendor
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:04 pm
I called admin and asked them to delete this post because I posted it in the wrong forum. no answers. hopw everyone is ok.
Administrator
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:53 am
Howdy Bob,
We hada snafu with a previous moderator who was running the website. It's a long story, but the short version, he made up some of his own rules as he went along.
I sent out an email to the entire membership, but the damage had been done. So it is what it is now.
If you are looking for volume, we do have our main forum, MossbergOwners and then there's the RemingtonOwners, both have a good amount of members posting daily.
ripjack13@mossbergowners.com
Administrator
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:55 am
I moved this here, report closed.
Thank you.
Vendor
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:25 pm
is there any hope for win-owners .com?
20g
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:01 pm
My account was locked for more than a year. I just continued attempting to login until I was activated. Tried to send out private emails. Nothing happened. Unless we have new members come in, I suspect there is no hope for this site.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR
Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:37 pm
Yep. It sucks that it happened. I wish I could help it get back on track.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:09 am
One "problem" with recruiting on other web sites to pass by here is the other site Admins tend to eliminate that type of posting. They want advertising revenue hits on their site just as we wants hits on this site.

Still, we can try. It can't hurt. Stay the course.

You eat an elephant one bite at a time and a journey of a thousand miles begins with but a single step.

Folks still LOVE and buy Winchesters. They need a place to talk about them too...

I still need an XTR for my LA Mod 70 Classic Featherweight, but I ain't looking very hard, nor on the Information Forum...
If it was easy, anybody could do it.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:22 am
Also, perhaps new arrivals see the last date of posts. They are not current, so they don't read or post a reply. Any way to "freshen" the site a bit? Leave some tid-bit of information in every thread? Make the whole site appear newer and more active? Just thinking out loud...
20g
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:36 pm
Welcome back Land Owner.

ripjack13, thank you for your part in keeping the site moderated.

I posted each time I saw a new post, although sometimes dribble, just to keep an update.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:20 pm
I don't know why this site "fell off" my radar. so many have though. I suppose I posted what I thought I knew about my Winchesters and after that it was reading and sitting on the fence.

I have only this weekend started to load ammunition again, 308 and 30-30. Now I have three rifles that need to be accurized and a whole heap of Safe Queens in waiting.

I would have bush hogged my hunting property two weeks ago and started disking for planting food plots, but it was too wet to plow and then hurricane Dorian threatened off our coast and dropped more rain. Now, a Tropical Storm Humberto is doing the same. More rain.

This weekend was the opening of the FL archery deer season. I don't bow hunt. Instead I am a medium range sniper and that suits me.
20g
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:03 am
Yes sir, Dorian was a monster. Glad you and your folks did not take a hard hit.

Getting about time for me to give maintenance to my herd of guns. I want them clean when Beto confiscates them.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:03 pm
Naw...we won't let Beto confiscate our guns. He's going to lose to President Trump in 2020, don't cha know? NRA Life Member here. Also, Oath Taker in service to the US Coast Guard, which oath I have not forgotten, so to Beto - TRY to take 'em. I know what you mean about "cleaning the herd"...just saying.

Return to Winchester Owners Site Support