Forum targeted by spammers

This is the place to post anything and everything related to the functional aspects of this site.
Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:56 pm
I hope the moderators can delete the non relevant rubbish appearing on the forum, the Remington site is also being hit
Edit .........as is the Mossberg forum
20g
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:36 pm
No moderator activity in awhile. Need to go back to requiring registration approval.

Don't know what happened to Shooter. He was an excellent moderator.

I was locked out for six-months. When I was allowed back, most everybody had gone away.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired USCGR CWO3
Administrator
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:54 am
redryder wrote:No moderator activity in awhile. Need to go back to requiring registration approval.

Don't know what happened to Shooter. He was an excellent moderator.

I was locked out for six-months. When I was allowed back, most everybody had gone away.

We had to relieve him of his duties. It went to his head. He must have locked you out. He was making up rules and threatening to sue new members because they would use the tapatalk feature without registering, and running off new members with some of his own made up rules. Shameful really. So I'm the only one running the site now.
i got the spambergers cooked.
thanks for the heads up....
ripjack13@mossbergowners.com
Administrator
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:17 pm
Impala59 wrote:I hope the moderators can delete the non relevant rubbish appearing on the forum, the Remington site is also being hit

I looked on MO, I didn't see any spam...??
20g
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:06 pm
Howdy ripjack! I see you are a plank holder on this site.

Thank you for taking the helm past and present.

Too bad about Shooter. Don't know why he would lock me out. To my knowing, I was never out of line.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired USCGR CWO3
Copper BB
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:06 pm
ripjack13 wrote:
Impala59 wrote:I hope the moderators can delete the non relevant rubbish appearing on the forum, the Remington site is also being hit

I looked on MO, I didn't see any spam...??

Yeah sorry about that I guess I got my sites a bit mixed up, mossberg not hit at this time. Ithaca also seems ok. These people really rattle my cage, but I guess that’s the world we live in now. Thankfully we have moderators who care and can keep it all on the straight and narrow ( not that we don’t walk a wide road in our discussions within our chosen hobby/sport/pastime/work/life)
Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:58 am
redryder wrote:Howdy ripjack! I see you are a plank holder on this site.

Thank you for taking the helm past and present.

Too bad about Shooter. Don't know why he would lock me out. To my knowing, I was never out of line.

I have no idea what he was thinking or why he would do that. You're back in, and that's what counts.
Thank you for sticking around....

Return to Winchester Owners Site Support