Winchester Ranger 12 Gauge #10 Shot 2 3/4"

Anything and everything related to ammunition can be posted here.

Moderator: Ridgerunner665

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:48 pm
Went to a antique expo and came across an almost full box (16 shells) of Winchester Ranger 12 gauge Number 10 shot 2 3/4" shotgun shells in the original box that was in perfect condition. Picked them up for $25. A decent condition box lone goes for around $15 and NO shells!

I have been collecting old boxes and old ammo for a while as well although my small collection has mostly empty boxes.

I sit back now and wonder now about what I didn't know then when I used all those cartridge boxes, old tins from Prince Albert Tobacco, or Band-Aid, or other such tin boxes, for target practice! Funny how things you took for granted then as worthless are now worth something. No wonder my Dad collected junk haha! Seriously, though if we all knew now what we didn't know then! :roll:
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:39 am
Please post a few pictures from your "collection" CWG...I sure would like to see them.
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 8:49 am
Shooter not much of a collection but give me some time and I will post some pics when I can...if I don't forget haha :mrgreen:
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:02 am
Shooter finally a few pics of some boxes.

Not all but some...

Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:10 am
Very nice CWG...

I collect .45 ACP Premium Self Defense Ammo ( you know the ones...20 rounds to a box ) as a side niche to my firearm hobby...

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:58 am
Shooter that's great! There are a few Facebook groups and the boxes and the ammo they collect and the detail they do it is amazing!
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:18 am
Well...your collection has some nice pieces in pretty good shape...

Do you just collect calibers of what you shoot...or is no particular rhyme or reason to it...?!
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:53 pm
I collect what I shoot as well as other calibers too. I love the older motifs, colors, and imaging of the 40s, 50s, and 60s era. I have started to collect the Anniversary boxes as well. Most is Winchester, Winchester Western. Old Savage boxes bring high dollar too. My Wife says i have a box fetish haha!
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member

Return to Ammunition