10 pigeons for the pot

Anything and everything related to hunting can be posted here.

Moderator: Ridgerunner665

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:35 pm
Hi :)

Decided to take my SX3 down the farm for a couple of hours after work today to do some pigeon shooting , and it didn't take too long to get things started.

I arrived at the farm at about 12.00 pm and put out my plastic pigeon decoys and rotary machine. Things were a bit slow to start with and after missing the fist couple of woodies , i started to get my act together and hit a few.

After about 2 hours i ended up with 10 pigeons and a crow. The crow dropped into a nearby wood and i was unable to retrieve it ,

Marc :lol:

God Created Man And God Created Woman
Sam Colt Made Them Equal
Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:26 pm
nice, sounds like a lot of fun. How do you like shooting your SX3, i just got one and i'm in love with it :D
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:47 pm
stags30 wrote:How do you like shooting your SX3, i just got one and i'm in love with it :D

I get on much better with my SX3 than i ever did with my previous Lanber o/u.
Although i'm not the most experienced person with a shotgun , the SX3 seems to fit me much better and comes to aim far more easily.

The SX3 is also my first autoloader , which i purchased because i spend a lot of time shooting from a hide , and the extra shot capacity is very usful when shooting our avian friends. I opted for the Composite model as i do a lot of rough shooting and couldn't bear the thought of scratching a new wooded stock while stalking through woods , Hedgerows , Brambles etc.

Marc ;)
God Created Man And God Created Woman
Sam Colt Made Them Equal
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:49 pm
Some nice looking fowl...hope they tasted just as good !! ;)

Return to Hunting