Wells Fargo Commemorative 30-30

Want to show off your Winchester? Here is the place to do it!

.22LR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:23 am
I've had this rifle since my dad bought it new in 77. I wasn't allowed to touch it till I was 14. Then we thought it would be worth thousands by now. It's not. Not even worth twice what he paid for it. My dad has since passed but this rifle remains. So I decided to shoot it and use it. Currently looking to put an era appropriate peep sight on it. I know some of you might curse me for that but this gun has been a safe queen for nearly 40 years. It ain't worth squat in there and it's going to make a much better pig and deer rifle over say some plastic stock bolt action....

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:14 am
Very Nice.........The commemrative that I shoot is the Winchester Collector Arms Assn. that was done in
1994 32-40 . I will post you a photo tomorrow and your right about worth!!!!!! they are worth more in the use and packing one hell of a good lookn' Winchester :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P !!!!!>>>>Ol Deuce
Do The Best With What You Have!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:21 am
Awesome...I would rather shoot it and enjoy it than have it sit in a safe too !!

( Your Dad is smiling right now, I'm sure !! )

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:47 pm
This is my Fancy Shooter :) I can't take them with me ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:roll: Ol Deuce

.22LR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:21 pm
Wow, your 32-40 is good looking. Now what's with that crazy iron sight on the barrel. Is that a repro of an old buckhorn style? And does your tang sight see right through that?

I also see your receiver is not D&T for a peep mount but you mentioned your tang was. My wells is opposite yours. Receiver is tapped

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:22 pm
giarcpnw wrote:Wow, your 32-40 is good looking. Now what's with that crazy iron sight on the barrel. Is that a repro of an old buckhorn style? And does your tang sight see right through that?

I also see your receiver is not D&T for a peep mount but you mentioned your tang was. My wells is opposite yours. Receiver is tapped

Oh ya..........the Iron sight is so easy to use with the tang sight. Works very well with old eyes! You can see the blade in the V using the tang sight ...Krazy :roll:

I'm sure the Iron sight is a copy of the Old California full buckhorn.....It's a good combo to shoot with

............... Ol Deuce
Last edited by Ol Deuce on Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:36 am
giarcpnw wrote:I've had this rifle since my dad bought it new in 77. I wasn't allowed to touch it till I was 14. Then we thought it would be worth thousands by now. It's not. Not even worth twice what he paid for it. My dad has since passed but this rifle remains. So I decided to shoot it and use it. Currently looking to put an era appropriate peep sight on it. I know some of you might curse me for that but this gun has been a safe queen for nearly 40 years. It ain't worth squat in there and it's going to make a much better pig and deer rifle over say some plastic stock bolt action....

FINE looking rifle right there! Nothing wrong with one keeping something a safe queen, and nothing wrong with shooting or hunting. The difference is beating a firearm to death and taking care of a firearm when shooting or hunting.

I have a Model 94 .32 WS made in 1951 that was my Grandfather's and he passed it along to me once he passed away in 1979. He took excellent care of it while hunting, took many deer with it. Same when I got her, I took my first whitetail with it. She looks great with minimal wear, no scrapes or bangs. And someday I will in turn pass it along to my Son!

Thanks for sharing...she looks great!
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member

Return to Photo And Video Gallery