With the 94 Big Bore 356 at the range

Want to show off your Winchester? Here is the place to do it!
Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:55 pm
Hi all.

Here is a short video I took on a lovely winter day at the range, with my Winchester 94 Big Bore in 356 Winchester.

https://youtu.be/tWj_b-aXUmA

-MGR
20g
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:20 pm
Thanks for this very good range report. Nice shooting with excellent video quality.

My first peep at a '94 with suppressor. The target hit ping is louder that the muzzle report.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR
Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:19 pm
redryder wrote:Thanks for this very good range report. Nice shooting with excellent video quality.

My first peep at a '94 with suppressor. The target hit ping is louder that the muzzle report.

Thanks :). Yes, the clang of the gong is very satisfying. However I don't think the GoPro camera captured the report accurately, it sounds louder to me. This suppressor is an older one, and suppresses only 20db. That means the muzzle report is some 140 db's, that is still quite loud. The extra weight of the suppressor stabilizes the gun though, and mitigates the recoil.

-MGR
20g
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:04 pm
I have seen other GoPro audio complaints. They are good with video though.

Kneeling with a sling is a steady position. I did expert every year with my M1 Garand kneeling and prone.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:09 pm
That was an enjoyable video! Isn't the sound made by the bullet passing the sound barrier rather than the actual report of the rifle?
Too old to be nice, never too old to learn!
Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:35 pm
bob lewis wrote:That was an enjoyable video! Isn't the sound made by the bullet passing the sound barrier rather than the actual report of the rifle?

Could be the crack of the bullet passing the sound barrier, yes.

Return to Photo And Video Gallery