Condor Outdoor Tactical Gear

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:24 pm
Picked up a couple more MOLLE pouches today. One was a second 25rd reload pouch for the drop-leg rig and the other was this 12rd Shotshell Pouch I got for $9.95...

The internal elastic webbing holds a dozen shells firmly in place and ready for a quick reload...

The pouch can be easily attached to MOLLE webbing or to a belt...

Shotgun Ammo Pouch

With this new 12rd pouch riding on my belt, plus the two 25rd reload pouches, I'll be able to carry up to 62 extra shells at the ready.
"We live in a society of wolves. You do not fight back by creating more sheep."
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:26 pm
Also replaced the holster on the vest. I wasn't happy with the plastic clasp retention on the that came with it. The clasp was hard to open and the strap was always in the way, making the draw very slow and awkward. Swapped it out for the 1911 Ambidextrous model that I picked up today for $19.95...

1911 Ambidextrous Holster

Description :

- Modular design for left or right hand.
- Retention system with secondary elastic cord to secure weapon.
- One single pistol mag pouch included
- Three different models for 1911, Beretta, Glock or similar pistols.
- Each holster comes with two removable MOLLE straps.

The single snap closure on this one is perfect and the straps stay clear of the pistol making the draw super smoothe. I like it a LOT better than the one that came on the vest.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:39 am
Interesting gear, I've been wondering about switching over my Alice rig to a Molle rig, it's just the Molle gear is very expensive compared to the Mil-Surp Alice gear, and so much of it is cheap Chinese airsoft stuff unless you know what you are doing you can easily get a sub standard rig. I good friend just got some $60 vest from a catalog that looks cool but is thin and flimsy. By the time he gets it loaded with all the gear it's going to be busting seams. I know my old Alice gear can hold 75 lbs of gear without any stress, I can't carry that much weight anymore but the old USMC surplus ALICE gear can sure take it. I did make one Molle purchase for my rig, a Magazine pouch to hold my extended 14 round .45 magazines. It's a 5.11 single AR mag pouch that just happens to hold the 2 .45 mags perfectly.

Regards,
Guy Smith
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:16 pm
Nice!

That's why I like this Condor gear, it's pretty rugged and doesn't break the bank. We'll see how it holds up over time, but I'm very happy with it all so far...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:15 pm
Finally got the Condor rig all put together for some pics. Here it is loaded up with:

- STI Spartan V 9mm
- 9 extra 9mm 1911 mags (81 extra rounds)
- Desert Eagle MK VII
- 3 extra MK VII mags (27 extra rounds)
- 3 AR-15 mags (90 extra rounds)
- 62 shot shells

...and here's the hydration pack and tool kit on the back side...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:16 pm
Just realized I hadn't posted my Condor scabbard in here yet...

Next

Return to Product Review