ATI Gun Stocks, for Winchester

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:48 am
I've got this 1300 field model with a 28" barrel. Its every bit of 30 years old with original wood furniture. While not in bad shape, I could see cracks beginning in the stock where it attaches to the receiver. I want to preserve the furniture and wanted to change it out before carrying it into the field and stressing it any further.

On recommendation I installed a stock from ATI;
www.atigunstocks.com

I received and installed my ATI "Talon Tactical Stock System with Scorpion Pad and Scorpion Recoil Grips".

Yes, its a 6 position adjustable AR styled stock on a traditional vent ribbed field gun, but bear with me.

My daughter will often bird hunt and shoot with me, the adjustable stock makes a good deal of sense here, as well as I also like a shorter LOP where most factory LOP's are right about 14".

I have the adjustable cheek piece on it too and have found it very easy to move into a position to get a perfect cheek weld and sight down the vent rib to the bead.

The recoil pad and grip feel great! My hands are wide but not particulary big and many grips just never feel right, for example, a double stack Glock and similar guns aren't the least bit comfortable to me, where as a .45 ACP feels great and natural. The ATI Scorpion grip looks largeto me, but has a plush palm swell and fingergrooves, it fills my hand with out feelin like I have to stress my grip to maintain a hold on it, you what I mean, like if a grip is too big so you squeez extra hard or white knuckle your hold on it to keep it in place. Well this fits without doin all that. Its def bigger than a standard M4/AR grip, but is very ergonimically designed for a positive, natural, relaxed and comfortable grip.

Ill be shooting tomorrow again so ill get back here with more feedback, impressions and opinions. Maybe some pics too! But as of right now I'm pleasantly surprised and impressed with the feel of it! Its far from a traditional look, but I'm farfrom traditional myself. Heck, last year I bird hunted with some success, using a 20" Mossberg 590A1 with a trirail forend fitted with a Magpul AFG and single point sling. So why not a Winchester field gun and adjustable stock! :D

Later!
Do right and fear nothing!
"No free man shall ever be precluded the use of arms."
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:01 am
Looking forward to the field report !!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:11 pm
Alrighty, I fired about 100 rounds through it yesterday shootin clays.

I didn't start out to hot, loadin 5 rounds at a time, I was hittin maybe one clay out of the bunch, but as we were finishing I was hittin 4 or 5 each time I loaded.

My issues actually had nothin to do with the stock. It felt natural and I liked bein able to fully collapse it and feel like I was right on top of the rib, great sight picture and cheek weld. My problem really just centered around gettin a feel for how to hold on my moving targets and as soon as I got that I was hittin the clays pretty solidly.

No issue at all with the stock!
Do right and fear nothing!
"No free man shall ever be precluded the use of arms."
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:22 pm
Glad it worked out for you...

Return to Product Review