SX4 ???

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:13 pm
Hello, I'm new here just signed up as I'm interested in an SX4. However, I don't see a section for it; only the SX3. Is that because they are so Similar, or not liked or???

Anyone here have the SX4 ??? I'm wanting to buy one for busting some clays out in our back field and to use in our clubs little Three Gun, nothing too major...

Just trying to get a feel for how it works and feels...

I'm looking for Dependable, Accurate and Quick...
Scott Mullen
Larueminati, Pack Larue 0049
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:19 am
Not real familiar with the SX4......do you know the differences... !?

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/ ... er-x4.html

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:44 pm
SHOOTER13 wrote:Not real familiar with the SX4......do you know the differences... !?

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/ ... er-x4.html

I know a few differences... Supposedly lighter, Buttstock handguard is redesigned, trigger pack is newer design, and I've read the gas system may be redesigned for less recoil, but I've seen a few conflicting stories...

I've not really used any of their recent models to Compare the two...

Some reviews say its better, some worse...

Figured I'd hit up the forums and see what folks that have had both the SX3 an SX4s think...

Its not something I have to have, but kind of an impulse...

Last weekend I got the idea that now that I'm out of the city and have a few acres (and my land is surrounded by my neighbors 600+ acres of pasture), I should build me a small range at home.

With that, I'm also thinking of getting one Autoatic Throwers that you can load 30 or so Clays in Bust a few out back!!!!

Just having some fun, nothing to major or serious...
Scott Mullen
Larueminati, Pack Larue 0049
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:51 am
Sounds like a plan Scott...

The reason there is not a separate sub forum for the SX4 is because it is so new.

Since you have shown interest in chatting about it...I will run it by the admin to have him add one.

May take awhile...but I promise to do my part.

EDIT: { PM to Admin sent 6/20/17 @11:56am }

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:43 am
I am in the process to getting this gun. just so confused in what to get 3 or 3.5. I was told the 3 handle the lighter loads better than than the 3.5. what are the people running the 3.5 in sx3 or sx4 in 1 oz? Winchester telling me they want to see a 1200ftps at 1oz min.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:11 pm
i just bought the sx in 3.5 hope it turns out to be the one I like
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:46 am
From all of the reviews I've read, some noticeable differences in the SX3 and SX4 are:
The retail price of the SX4 is about 30% less than the SX3
sx4 balance puts more weight forward, (most don't like it compared to the SX3, but that's a matter of personal preference.)
SX4 forearm and grip have more texture for better grip using gloves, and are slightly smaller for smaller hands.
The SX4 mag release button and safety buttons are different from the SX3.
The biggest difference IMO is: SX3 was manufactured by FN in Belgium, SX4 is manufactured in Portugal.

Return to Winchester SX3