SX4 ???

.22LR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:13 pm
Hello, I'm new here just signed up as I'm interested in an SX4. However, I don't see a section for it; only the SX3. Is that because they are so Similar, or not liked or???

Anyone here have the SX4 ??? I'm wanting to buy one for busting some clays out in our back field and to use in our clubs little Three Gun, nothing too major...

Just trying to get a feel for how it works and feels...

I'm looking for Dependable, Accurate and Quick...
Scott Mullen
Larueminati, Pack Larue 0049
NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:19 am
Not real familiar with the SX4......do you know the differences... !?

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/ ... er-x4.html

.22LR
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:44 pm
SHOOTER13 wrote:Not real familiar with the SX4......do you know the differences... !?

http://www.winchesterguns.com/products/ ... er-x4.html

I know a few differences... Supposedly lighter, Buttstock handguard is redesigned, trigger pack is newer design, and I've read the gas system may be redesigned for less recoil, but I've seen a few conflicting stories...

I've not really used any of their recent models to Compare the two...

Some reviews say its better, some worse...

Figured I'd hit up the forums and see what folks that have had both the SX3 an SX4s think...

Its not something I have to have, but kind of an impulse...

Last weekend I got the idea that now that I'm out of the city and have a few acres (and my land is surrounded by my neighbors 600+ acres of pasture), I should build me a small range at home.

With that, I'm also thinking of getting one Autoatic Throwers that you can load 30 or so Clays in Bust a few out back!!!!

Just having some fun, nothing to major or serious...
Scott Mullen
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:51 am
Sounds like a plan Scott...

The reason there is not a separate sub forum for the SX4 is because it is so new.

Since you have shown interest in chatting about it...I will run it by the admin to have him add one.

May take awhile...but I promise to do my part.

EDIT: { PM to Admin sent 6/20/17 @11:56am }

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:43 am
I am in the process to getting this gun. just so confused in what to get 3 or 3.5. I was told the 3 handle the lighter loads better than than the 3.5. what are the people running the 3.5 in sx3 or sx4 in 1 oz? Winchester telling me they want to see a 1200ftps at 1oz min.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:11 pm
i just bought the sx in 3.5 hope it turns out to be the one I like
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:46 am
From all of the reviews I've read, some noticeable differences in the SX3 and SX4 are:
The retail price of the SX4 is about 30% less than the SX3
sx4 balance puts more weight forward, (most don't like it compared to the SX3, but that's a matter of personal preference.)
SX4 forearm and grip have more texture for better grip using gloves, and are slightly smaller for smaller hands.
The SX4 mag release button and safety buttons are different from the SX3.
The biggest difference IMO is: SX3 was manufactured by FN in Belgium, SX4 is manufactured in Portugal.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:21 am
SHOOTER13 wrote:Sounds like a plan Scott...

The reason there is not a separate sub forum for the SX4 is because it is so new.

Since you have shown interest in chatting about it...I will run it by the admin to have him add one.

May take awhile...but I promise to do my part.

EDIT: { PM to Admin sent 6/20/17 @11:56am }

Interested in more information on this SX4 when a Sub- Catagory comes online...Thanks
Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.....
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:31 am
luism wrote:I am in the process to getting this gun. just so confused in what to get 3 or 3.5. I was told the 3 handle the lighter loads better than than the 3.5. what are the people running the 3.5 in sx3 or sx4 in 1 oz? Winchester telling me they want to see a 1200ftps at 1oz min.

Any updates????
Might be some cricket sounds behind me....??? :idea:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:04 am
luism wrote:i just bought the sx in 3.5 hope it turns out to be the one I like

Which one...The SX3 or SX4???? Thoughts so far??
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:18 pm
smullen wrote:Hello, I'm new here just signed up as I'm interested in an SX4. However, I don't see a section for it; only the SX3. Is that because they are so Similar, or not liked or???

Anyone here have the SX4 ??? I'm wanting to buy one for busting some clays out in our back field and to use in our clubs little Three Gun, nothing too major...

Just trying to get a feel for how it works and feels...

I'm looking for Dependable, Accurate and Quick...

Pulled the trigger today after visiting Cabelas today and shouldering a couple different semi and ordered my SX4, 12gauge, 3in, Black synthetic,28" barrel....Love the fit, feel and finish....Thanks everyone.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:49 am
Penna Shooter wrote:

I yet to fire the thing. been meaning go to the range but been cold and winter conditions. work aswell.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:32 am
luism wrote:
Penna Shooter wrote:

I yet to fire the thing. been meaning go to the range but been cold and winter conditions. work aswell.

Well, cold days is coming to a end....The Masters is next month in Augusta, Ga......Time to go shoot soon?

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 6:40 am
ive put about 1000 rounds target thru it. only issue is the light loads I used too test 1150fpm it will eject the round but it close the action. also on the 2 3/4 shells occational it wount close the action. shell gets stuck. but I think due to the angle I manually feeding it into the chamber. other wise I am happy with it. I still need to get used to it working.

.22LR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:31 pm
Hey all,

Thread Revival... :)

So, I shelved the idea of picking up and SX3 or SX4 for a bit too see how the SX4 would develop and fair...

Still not seeing a whole lot of Positive or Negative on it... I was hoping when I checked back too see more...

I have a birthday coming up in early September and my Wife to be is saying I should buy myself a new gun..

I have a thrower on order and we were going to have a clay busting party with a few of my closest friends and family... Seems like it be great to have a new shotgun for this... So I thought I'd check back...
Scott Mullen
20g
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:46 pm
You have a wife of mercy. And possible new shooter for your birthday. Make some smoke, traumatize a box or 2 of low-flying clay hockey pucks.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR

.22LR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:54 pm
redryder wrote:You have a wife of mercy. And possible new shooter for your birthday. Make some smoke, traumatize a box or 2 of low-flying clay hockey pucks.

I'm going to call my favorite shop tomorrow to see what he can get me one for...
Cabelas list them for 849, but its a 2 hour drive.. I'd rather get it from my guy if he is anywhere near their price...
Scott Mullen

.22LR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:39 am
Well, I went and placed and order for it last Sat. Should be here this Sat hopefully...

Supposed to rain here all weekend, so I probably won't get to shoot it till next.
Scott Mullen

.22LR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:11 pm
Update.

Well Saturday we had folks over for a late Bday party and killed a ton of Clays.

I should have taken pics of the stack of supplies. I know we had 8-10 Boxes of Clays and almost as many of those 100 Pack Flats of the 12 ga Shells and a few 20s...

We shot non-stop from about 12:30 till 4 PM, when we broke for the small wedding ceremony. A close friend of ours actually, who was the one who introduced us, did the service. After the service, we shot for another hour or so, then the food was ready and we ate, shot for another hour or so, out up the guns and started drinking...

As far as the SX4 goes I love it. I put two 25 round boxes of heavy loads through it, then countless regular target loads... Not once, no matter how fast I puled the trigger, did I have a failure to Feed or Eject.

Several others shot many rounds though it and loved it as well... One guy wanted to buy it for what I paid for it.

The next day when I got up, I tore it down and cleaned it up. It really wasn't that dirty yet.
I can't wait to shoot it again.

I'm really wanting to save up and add one of those Nordic extended tubes, so I can get 10+ rounds in it... I'm sure most of you think thats silly, but with the Champion Whirly Bird 2.0 launcher throwing them every 1.7 seconds and the little 3 Gun comp I do here in town, I like having the extra rounds.

Great gun, feels decent in my hand, shoots real nice, recoil is minimal.

If it keeps running like this, I'm a Happy Camper.
Scott Mullen

Return to Winchester SX3