SX3 Running in

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:49 pm
Hi All I have just purchased a SX3 red performance, and have been told by the dealer to run it in by using a heavier load at the start. The problem I have is that all the clay shooting grounds near will only allow a maximum of 28Grams (1oZ) load, I have spoken to the importers of Winchester into the UK and they say I wont need to run it in. So do I need to run it in?

Regards

Alan
Ex British Army 1990-2011
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:08 pm
There is no need to "run it in" Alan...

Enjoy your new SX3...

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:57 pm
Thanks for the quick reply

Regards

Alan
Ex British Army 1990-2011
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:23 am
The reason for "running in" is to work the the gas piston&spring and other moving parts in the action to their full position of travel. After the "break in" it should cycle lighter loads easier, however, you may or may not have issues with light loads at first. My SX3 is a 3-1/2" chamber and it cycles any load I've tried. I did put a full box of heavy loads through it at first, but I know a few guys who haven't done it that way, and they have no problems either. If you don't use the heavier loads, just make sure you clean it really well after each use, and have patience for the first few hundred rounds if it doesn't feed every time. Eventually it should eat whatever you throw at it..

Location: The shoreline of Lake Erie before the Great Black Swamp was drained
PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:15 am
Sounds like the dealer is trying to sell ammo
I am one gun away from Happy

Return to Winchester SX3