Winchester SX3 Troubleshooting

Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:32 pm
Any issues, concerns or problems you may have with your Winchester SX3; this is a thread for troubleshooting.
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:00 pm
Hi all :)

I was just wondering if it is normal for extended choke tubes to come loose after firing off only a dozen or so carts. This is not so much as a problem , but more of an annoyance.

The tubes i bought are winchesters red tipped signature chokes , which i had to import from the states.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated , as i have never used extended chokes before ,

Marc :?

Last edited by motormadmarc on Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
God Created Man And God Created Woman
Sam Colt Made Them Equal
Administrator
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:11 pm
I know my Trulock Chokes will come loose occasionally so I just check them every so often to ensure that they are tight.
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:55 pm
Thanks for the swift reply DHonovich

I thought that is was probably normal for the chokes to come loose occasionally , but i thought i'd double check ,

Marc :)
Sam Colt Made Them Equal
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:01 am
Hi

I have been reading on a couple of different forums that a few people have had problems with a spring breaking inside their SX3 Gas Valve. One guy said that , during the first 2 years of ownership , his SX3 gave no problems what so ever , but after that , he had to replace the Gas Valve spring 3 times in less than 6 months.

As my SX3 was only purchased about 1 year ago , and i have had no problems to date , i was just wondering if this spring breaking is a common fault with Winchester Gas Valves , or is it probably just one of a few isolated incidents. Also , any info on what could cause and prevent this possible problem will be greatly appreciated ,

Marc :o
Sam Colt Made Them Equal
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:04 am
motormadmarc wrote:Hi

I have been reading on a couple of different forums that a few people have had problems with a spring breaking inside their SX3 Gas Valve. One guy said that , during the first 2 years of ownership , his SX3 gave no problems what so ever , but after that , he had to replace the Gas Valve spring 3 times in less than 6 months.

As my SX3 was only purchased about 1 year ago , and i have had no problems to date , i was just wondering if this spring breaking is a common fault with Winchester Gas Valves , or is it probably just one of a few isolated incidents. Also , any info on what could cause and prevent this possible problem will be greatly appreciated ,

Marc :o

Anybody :(
Sam Colt Made Them Equal
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:47 pm
I think its an isolated incident. I've put thousands of rounds through mine with no issues at all.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:49 pm
I always put some copper anti seize compound on my choke tubes before installing. My Briley extended skeet choke never comes loose even when finger tightened. if the chokes are put in dry that might be a problem?

Return to Winchester SX3