Trigger Group Assembly falling apart

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:43 am
I got about 200 Rounds through my SXP on two different outings. On the second one, trying my hand at trap shooting for the first time, I noticed the Trigger group pin was sliding out of the gun. So after we were done, I took it apart and the rivet holding the trigger group together had at some point broken off and the plate holding it together on one side was detached. Pretty bummed out considering this gun is new off the shelf about a month ago.

Images in this link here.

http://imgur.com/a/PuQL0

Anyone seen this before, and know what Brownings turn around time is? The gun was just delivered to their repair center today.

Thanks for any information.

Q
"Nothing is Ever Easy"
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:27 am
Have you contacted the place where you purchased this gun new? I'm thinking they should try to help you out with this problem directly, especially where its only a month old. I've heard some stories about 2-3 month wait times for gunsmithing at Winchester / Browning, but hopefully it wouldn't be that long for you. It might be worth a call to their warranty dept. before you send it, maybe they can fast track it for you where its a new gun... The SXP is imported, made in Turkey, hopefully they have a new trigger group to replace the defective one completely with.
20g
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:36 am
A rivet in the trigger group is not good. Cutting quality seems to be the norm these days. They probably saved a nickel.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR
Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:18 am
Winchester said it would be covered, but in California resellers tell you they aren't liable for anything once you purchase the gun. Kind of a pain in the ass really.

I'm also hoping they just swap the tripper group. It would have made more sense if they just shipped me one and had me return this one, but I guess waiting 6 weeks is the norm. Barbaric customer service.
"Nothing is Ever Easy"
20g
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:39 pm
Duck, your avatar is a hoot. Surely a Duck Dynasty dog!
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR
Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:30 pm
thanks man! Seemed appropriate.
"Nothing is Ever Easy"
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:43 am
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum Duck !!

Please introduce yourself to our community via the New Member Welcome Area...

Enjoy the forum.
Copper BB
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:51 pm
I did, you even replied to it :D

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2439
"Nothing is Ever Easy"

Return to Winchester SXP