Winchester SXP Trigger Problems - Customer Service

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:06 am
I don't think so but who knows for sure.

Ya, I'm thinking I've bought my last NEW Winchester.

Thanks again!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:35 am
So I got notice a little over a week ago that that work was completed. A week later I got notice it shipped and will be here in, you guessed it, a week. What's two weeks when you've waited 3+ months? Thank GOD they didn't have to do any actual gunsmithing! It might have been next year!

As an aside, I purchased an FN SLP about 8 years ago. I immediately noted that the barrel did not line up with the receiver (twisted to one side). Took a picture and sent it to....Browning as I recall. That, fortunately, didn't take more than 2 weeks. But my point is, Browning/Winchester/FN QC leaves a lot to be desired, at least from my perspective.

All I can say now is that if this shotgun comes back with the same issue, I will be looking for a refund from Bass Pro Shops and will be writing a serious letter, not email, to the President of Browning. Not that it matters to anyone....it will to me. Then I'll go out and buy a 20 or 30 year old Remy 1100 and call it a day.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:03 am
Update

Received my shotgun yesterday. Trigger engagement is WAY better (not perfect but close). Trigger pull was also improved, smoother, less creepy although still on the heavy side (not back for a HD tool). Haven't shot it yet but I had no functioning issues before so I'm sure all will be fine. Needless to say, not happy with Browning Customer Service but hopefully they monitor these boards and will take this to heart. QC and Customer Service are top priorities in my book.
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:30 am
Old94 glad she came back to you ok! I don't think folks know what customer service is nowadays like us older fellers.

Tell these young folks about the days when they would ask what type of gas you wanted, then they would pump it, check your oil and clean your windshield, then bring your change if any and a receipt. All without leaving your car! These young folks look at you as if you are crazy.

That's why I say that Winchester especially after 1963, began a steady decline until by the 80s they were done in many ways. Some folks get upset at that but proof is in the pudding as the old saying goes.
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:24 pm
two days ago I bought SXP Combo from a local Sail store.
Yesterday did the after-purchase maintenance and tried dry shoot it..., it would do it randomly and then not at all. Took out the trigger group thinking maybe some debris are clogging the mechanism, but couldn'y really see anything.
Excitement turned to disappointment..
Called the ASC for the brand and the guy told me 6, maybe seven months wait (deer hunt is around the corner) :x ..
Took it back to the store, a nice fellow who talked me off of 870 in favor of SXP was embarrassed and apologetic. We took the trigger assemblies from display model and my shotgun to compare, looked like my sear was not going far enough to disengage the hammer.
So I told him just let's swap them and send the SHOP gun for repair, 'oh no' he says 'it would be against our corporate policies, but let me talk to the manager', and here I got lucky, Curtis (remember the name Canadians of Toronto area) proved to be a man of common sense and pragmatism and approved in split second solution that I suggested.
Refreshing really, nowadays passing the buck is so common...

Anyways, looks like there is a problem with trigger assy in some SXP.
Before I buy my next firearm I'll very carefully research the technical support side of the manufacturer and read more blogs :)

My Stoeger o/u of almost 30 years failed me once (just couple of weeks ago), broken firing pin plunger,
one phone call and got it in 5 days.

Return to Winchester SXP