Reduce length of pull on 20 Ga. SXP Defender

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:05 pm
Hello,

My first post, so be gentle please. My wife and I a thinking of purchasing 'his and her's' SXP Defenders in 12 and 20 ga. The standard length of pull for me is fine, but is about an inch or more too long for my wife. What are the options available today? I see most of the posts are from a couple years or more past, so I'm hoping that something has been developed since then.

Thanks for your help and any suggestions that me come about!

Mike
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:45 am
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...

As far as your LOP question...I will defer to the experts here.

.22LR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:45 pm
Winchester does offer a "Compact" version of some of their models which is basically a Youth version with a shorter stock. The compact stock has a 13" LOP versus the standard 13 3/4 so it should fit nicely. The only issue is they seem to only offer the Compact in the field and trap models, so basically only in wood. maybe you can call them and see if they have a "Compact" synthetic stock. Or order a complete wood stock and forend set from them so it matches. I think the Defender would look pretty nice with the wood furniture.

I have the standard field model that I chopped the barrel on to 18.5" The short ribbed barrel with the wood sporting forend looks pretty snazzy.

Return to Winchester SXP