Looking for a quality receiver peep sight

.22LR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:25 am
I purchased my first rifle today,a Winchester model 86, 45-70. I'm visually challenged in my older age :lol: and am looking for a quality receiver mount peep sight. I'd be interested in an older steel one that would fit the pre-drilled screw holes. This is all new to me and I appreciate the help.

.22LR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:55 pm
Well I went with the Williams FP-71 Receiver Peep Sight Winchester 86 with control knobs. I don't know if I'm going to need the front sight replaced or not. One would think the manufacturer would know that info. Anyway, I'll get it in two weeks and hopefully I can install it myself. Then it's off to test fire my new rifle.

I just found out my friends 13 year old daughter got her deer last weekend too.
Last edited by Boomer503 on Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
20g
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:33 pm
Try this vendor:

http://www.buffaloarms.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3750
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR

.22LR
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:05 am
Thanks for that link. I had checked them out but ended up buying direct from Williams and got the sight with the control knobs installed. They also included a twilight aperture. I should have in a week or so. Since the receiver is already drilled and tapped I'm hoping I can install it myself. The only unknown is wether the front sight is ok with it. Never having owned a rifle before I'm reading all I can to help with this learning curve I'm dealing with. Fingers crossed I'll be hunting in November.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:10 am
Good Luck !!

Return to Winchester Model 1886