Williams FP-71 Receiver Peep Sight Winchester 1886

.22LR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:58 pm
I purchased this aperture sight for my new Winchester 86, 45-70. Has anyone else used this sight? My question is... Do I need to replace my front sight too?

I have a laser bore sight (45-70 caliber) and will be going to the range to sight the rifle in later this week.

Thanks for the help.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:35 am
Not sure brother...I'll defer to the experts here.

.22LR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:25 am
Received the bore sight from Amazon and headed out to the rifle range yesterday afternoon. The bore sight got me in the ballpark and I used a lead sled to sight in the rifle at 50, then 100 yards. The Williams aperture sight and the stock front sight matched up perfect. I fired thirty rounds at fifty and a hundred yards with wonderful results. The aperture sight really is a great step up from the iron sights since putting a scope on the Winchester 86 isn't an easy...or particularly good looking thing to do. So, my new rifle is good to go.
20g
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:49 am
Congratulations boomer! You did good. Really nice when something works as it should.
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR

Return to Winchester Model 1886