Hoping to find a Value 1892 1 of 500 .45 Colt

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:13 pm
Greetings all!

I've joined this board in the hopes that someone here can help me with determining the value of a rifle. I just visited with a friend who offered it for sale. It's a Winchester 1892 in .45 Colt, 16" barrel, marked "1 of 500" on the barrel. The rifle is in as-new unfired condition, there is still a bit of packing grease on it in spots. It is marked Miroku on the barrel. He said it has a wood upgrade; I don't know if such a thing was even possible when buying one, but the wood on it does have noticeably better figure than is typically seen on similar rifles.

He does not have the box or any associated paperwork. He claims he bought the rifle around 2000, unboxed it and put it in the safe, and has not even opened the action. I did notice that one of the screws on the right side of the receiver seems to be a bit "buggered", though why it would have been turned is anyone's guess. I believe it was in that condition when he purchased it. I understand it to have been made in the late 1990's.

So, assuming all the above it accurate, can anyone supply a current value?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:53 am
READ YOUR PRIVATE MAIL...

Return to Winchester Model 1892