Winchester Miroku Large Loop Short Rifle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:19 pm
This site sure does not get much traffic, not sure why but really Winchester sites don't get much traffic. Again not sure why except maybe they are just trouble free.

Anyway I have always been a big Marlin fan. But recently I found that I like the 1892 Winchesters a lot better.

I have a new Ruger/Marlin Trapper 45/70 really nice and have all the confidence in the world in it. I also have a 1955 Marlin 39A Mountie, great rifle. But I also had purchased a Remlin 2904 Cowboy in 44 Mag, First time or second time shooting it the lever locked open and would not close. I took it to the bench and disassembled it and low and behold found the Locking lug grove had the edge of the grove at the top corner flared out. I filed the flare off and have never had a problem again with it, but did read that the Remington Heat Treatment on some rifles receivers were not done correctly. It never flared or gave me another problem but I never did shoot it a lot. Really never trusted it after that again really.

I have been in the look out for a new 44 mag to replace it and since I already own a Miroku Winchester Large Loop Short Rifle in 45 Colt and decided that is exactly what I wanted.

Finally found one on GunBroker and won the bid. Yes pricey but I am happy I won it and can't wait to receive it to go with my other Winchester.
Now I don't have to worry about the Marlin 1894CB sold it to the LGS to help pay for this Winchester. I will delete the rebounding hammer when I receive it and it will be ready to go. Already have the sling swivels in route also.
Pictures coming but it will look exactly like this one that I have, my 45 Colt.

Administrator
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:09 pm
Please let me know if you check back in. The site is under construction, hope it will be back up soon
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:01 am
I Check the sight all the time. I have never understood why this sight does not get any traffic.
Administrator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:02 pm
I just opened up registration again, so hopefully we can change all that.

Return to Winchester Model 1892