1967 Winchester 336 Canadian Centennial 30/30

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:46 am
Guy's/Gal's

I used to be a big Marlin fanboy, and still like them very much. But recently I have gotten rid of a lot of Marlin (Remlin rifles) to buy Winchesters. I have a 1873 Uberti in 45 Colt ( not a Winchester but same action and rifle) I have two 1892 New Winchester's made by Miroku that are just as nice if not better than the pre 1964 made Winchester's, one in 44 Mag. and one in 45 Colt. I have a Rossi 92 in .357.

So I really enjoy the Winchester actions and style rifles. The other day I was in the LGS and saw a 1967 Winchester Canadian Centennial that did not have a scratch on it. The receiver is in perfect condition on the finish. Been well take care of. All though not the best years for Winchester is is a great shooter and action works really well. Only problem once in a while the last round will not be pushed from the tube far enough into the receiver and hangs up for a second and takes a little jiggling to get to feed. I have a new magazine spring in route to take care of this problem.

I ended up putting a Large Loop on the rifle ( Love Large Loops and all my levers have them) and have some lever shims in route to take some of the sloppy side to side movement out of the larger loop. But it works good. Also put a Williams FP peep sight on her with a dovetail blank to cover up where the old rear sight was. I replaced the front sight with a higher Marbles sight to get a little more adjustability from the Williams rear peep. Also put sling swivels on her with a Leather sling. She is perfect for me. I will get pictures soon but want to get the rifle finished before taking them. She is beautiful if I do say so myself. But as anything else, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I also know that the Large Loop lever is impractical in most peoples eye's, but they don't operate the way a traditional lever does. You slide your hand forward and back to operate a big loop. Unlike the smaller loops that are operated don and forward. Very comfortable to me and the looks are awesome with the big loop.

Pictures to come.

Return to Winchester Model 1894