Greetings from a new user!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:59 pm
Greetings from the wilds of British Columbia Canada. I'm new to this forum - so forgive any "newbie" errors I make!!

I own a new 94AE Carbine (bought new in 2013) which I really enjoy shooting! I've resisted putting a scope on her and continue to try to get better with the "iron sights" - with my aging eyes, it seems that this will continue to be an uphill battle! As I get used to the rifle, I'm in the process of learning the "ins and outs" and have hit a wall in the disassembly process. All the videos I've been able to find on the net deal with older versions of the 94AE and there are significant differences in how the mechanism comes apart - specifically how the trigger group comes out of the receiver. For example, once the pivot screw is removed, there are a set of ears which engage grooves in the receiver sides which prevent the trigger group from dropping down and out - as in the videos.

Not being one who just starts taking screws out and knocking pins out, I'd appreciate any assistance or hints to help me in this.

Best regards from up on the West coast.

NewfieMiner!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:37 pm
Greetings, I am new too, this is the first forum I have ever joined. If you can not find a video, or firm enough information from a forum member, try finding a assembly/disassembly guide. I have one for the Browning Hi-power, published by Radocy. The guide has excellent photos, and the steps for break-down are clearly numbered. I paid $7.00 for my guide. Use your cell phone or digital camera to photograph and record your progress. Use gunsmith screwdrivers, select bits that fit the screws properly. Go slow. Keep parts organized as they are removed. Nothing should require force-is the general rule!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:46 am
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:11 pm
Welcome aboard the forum! Sure someone will chime in on your questions. You are not alone with old eyes and iron sights. I personally love iron sights versus scopes. Nothing like popping targets at 200 to 300 yards with iron sights!
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member

.22LR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:37 pm
Welcome , 20yrs ago I had to give in and go to a scope, I was not going to stop hunting ( ever ) so we do what we need to so we can keep it going!!!

Return to Winchester Model 1894