Looking for the right parts after removing side mount

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 12:30 pm
Howdy.

This is my first post here, so hi.

I was gifted my first 94 (and rifle) about 20 years ago from my grandfather and it came with the side mount and scope. Got a lot of use out of it and recently had a smith do a good clean. I asked him to remove the mount but it turned out that we didn't have the appropriate parts to leave it off. I found the front lever pin stop screw on MGW and don't know which screws I need for the back. Are these the ones? https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/W94CGS

If necessary it's a post 64 manufactured around 1981.

If anyone is interested I wouldn't mind passing this side mount along to another member here, btw. Scope too although it's not much to write home about.

What alternatives do people recommend aside from the old iron sights? I debated pop up but not sure if I'd like them. I think I'm retiring this one as a hunting rifle but still want to have fun with it.

Thanks for the help.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:23 pm
After doing some more searching I think I found the correct parts on Numrich.

If anyone comes by and is interested in the side mount i can send it for free with the screws and scope.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 12:35 pm
beatnick wrote:Howdy.

This is my first post here, so hi.

I was gifted my first 94 (and rifle) about 20 years ago from my grandfather and it came with the side mount and scope. Got a lot of use out of it and recently had a smith do a good clean. I asked him to remove the mount but it turned out that we didn't have the appropriate parts to leave it off. I found the front lever pin stop screw on MGW and don't know which screws I need for the back. Are these the ones? https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/W94CGS

If necessary it's a post 64 manufactured around 1981.

If anyone is interested I wouldn't mind passing this side mount along to another member here, btw. Scope too although it's not much to write home about.

What alternatives do people recommend aside from the old iron sights? I debated pop up but not sure if I'd like them. I think I'm retiring this one as a hunting rifle but still want to have fun with it.

Thanks for the help.
What Caliber?

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:55 pm
A good tang mounted peep sight which was very common in the pre 64 erra.
Too old to be nice, never too old to learn!

Return to Winchester Model 1894