Keep or sell this rare model 95 in .405 WCF

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:42 am
Should I keep or sell a rare model 95 in .405? I paid a bunch, and I need out. 95% original finish, straight stock, 2 pc lever, crescent butt, Bore is mint, well cared for Winchester. I'm a Colt person basically 1st generation SAA's. I know that there were perhaps fewer than 90 model 95's made in this big cal., making it super scarce. Any thoughts?

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:51 pm
I would say sell if you don't enjoy the rifle and want the money to invest in Colts you may enjoy more.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:09 pm
I'd have to agree with P.D. .... If you don't enjoy it, might as well sell & get back what you can and put it towards something else you'd rather hold on to. There's lots of new homes waiting for collectable winchesters, selling shouldn't be a too difficult ....
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:40 pm
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum !!

I would sell it...but if you want to sell it here, please read the rules:

PLACING AN AD IN MARKETPLACE

IMPORTANT NOTE: ONLY THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN WITH http://www.WinchesterOwners.com 30 DAYS AND POSTED 30 MESSAGES MAY LEAVE ADS.

1. Include your country of residence in the title, even if you are willing to sell outside that area. Within the post, please provide an indication of where you live.
2. Specify the currency you are selling in.
3. Post pictures, where applicable, in the original post.
4. Please list any extras or accessories you will include in the transaction.
5. State the acceptable method(s) of payment.
6. Please state if shipping/insurance is included in the price. Also state the method of shipping you are proposing.
7. Mark SOLD by locking the thread
8. All Thread titles should include one or more of the following abbreviations in the TITLE:

FS = For Sale
FA = for Auction (it is permissible to advertise your ebay /auctions, but they MUST contain "FA" in the title)
FT = For trade
WTB = Want to buy (when your looking to buy something.)

If you sell only to certain continent, country or trade area, please state that in title, e.g.:
For Sale (UK) Winchester SX3
For Sale (US) Winchester SX3
It is always helpful to your fellow members to have your actual location listed either in the thread, or in your member profile.

DOUBLE-CHECK THAT ALL FACTS AND PRICES ARE CORRECT, AND THAT YOU HAVE PROVIDED PHOTOS AND ALL RELEVANT INFO. MAKE ALSO SURE THAT YOUR EMAIL IS WORKING AND THAT IT IS ENABLED IN FORUM'S USER CONTROL PANEL. http://www.WinchesterOwners.com

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:26 am
I guess if I was more into Colts ,I would probably sell or trade it.Not 100% sure ,but I believe you will find there were more than 90 Model 1895 rifles made in .405 calibre.
Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:14 pm
I don't know how many 95 where in .405 but surely much more than 90 !
It was especially made for african hunting and introduced in 1904 and used by Theodore Roosevelt.
The BB value for a 95 in this caliber is 75% more than for all other calibers.
But personnaly, while i love Winchester rifles, i would sell it for a Colt 73 SAA ! (if i could).
The fear of weapons is the sign of a lack of maturity

Return to Winchester Model 1895