NEW to site!

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:37 pm
Have been looking for several months for pre 64 in 270 and have tried to do my best on educating myself on what to look for. Have my eye on a couple, one is 1954, clean but was assured after asking the stock looks like hand rubbed vs varnish without flaw and a rubber butt plate, did not think this year had rubber butt plate.

Another is 1952 with "Original" box which is also flawless plain cardboard, no turned edges or dings with white sticker on front of box and end of box with a written serial number, box is compartmentalized inside with separate box with "bolt" stamped on it in black, separate compartment for what seems to be rolled up and unused leather sling.

Also is the recent numbers in BB of gun values are 100%=$1.8K, 98% 1.6K and 90% 1.3K, wondering if these are accurate? Also note very low volume of bids on 99% of the Model 70's on multiple auction and gun sites.

Looking for the Pre 64 for hunting and willing to pay fair market but need help on the above. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:07 am
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:49 pm
Welcome to the forum!
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member

Return to New Member Welcome Area