Seeking Info on New Winchester (M70)

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:44 pm
Needless to say it has been more than a task to locate any bolt action rifle from Winchester, namely the featherweight with wood stock. There are not many, if any dealers that have any and those that have a limited quantity (One) will not send any pictures nor are interested in selling. Those that I have seen photos of have a few distractions: wood blemishes or wood that not any wish to have and bluing problems. Many hide the critical areas in displaying the photos: some chopping off the butt stock, all not showing the breech or bolt face. One seller on Gunbroker said the bluing discoloration was from fingerprints. Well, if any believe that I cannot determine fingerprints from discoloration, this is merely conjecture and foolhardy. And, all offer no returns, sold as is and final. What i believe is that those models being sold are ones that not anybody wishes to buy. I've searched GunsInternational, Guns.com, GunsAmerica, and every possible outlet online. I even called local gun shops in my area and there is no response. One person (Nagels) was offering one but said he did not know how to send pictures to email. After looking up the reviews, I found Nagels to be a shady seller with many negative comments.

https://www.winchesterguns.com/products ... eight.html

Model Number:535200210

Anyways, I called Winchester and they said they're still being manufactured. I said but no one has them. Winchester said to call a dealer and they could order. I tried that avenue and was unsuccessful. Could any provide insight here or point me in the right direction. All replies are welcome.

Romans 3:20
20) Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:28 pm
Sounds like you’ve tried every avenue I know to suggest. Though, if you buy from a reputable dealer on line and buy new in the box, any issues shouldn’t be much of a concern because all current manufactured model 70 have been impeccable that I have seen. Good luck on your search.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:06 pm
sw0596 wrote:Sounds like you’ve tried every avenue I know to suggest. Though, if you buy from a reputable dealer on line and buy new in the box, any issues shouldn’t be much of a concern because all current manufactured model 70 have been impeccable that I have seen. Good luck on your search.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

It's about the wood. They know that full well. Whether Winchester would swap out wood, where there are no malfunctions is questionable. There are not many 'reputable' dealers in this generation. Nice thought though.

Romans 3:20
20) Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

Return to Winchester Model 70