Sporter stock on Model 70 Coyote Light

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:05 pm
Has anyone tried to put a sporter stock on a Coyote Light? My thinking is that a sporter stock would be more comfortable to shoulder all day while schlepping around at high elevation looking for elk or sheep (if I draw the tag before I'm too old to walk up the mountain to hunt it) so I'm curious as to whether an aftermarket stock for the Extreme Weather SS model (same action length, obviously) can be fitted onto a Coyote Light with only minor modifications like enlarging the barrel channel to free float the heavier barrel of the Coyote Light.

Thanks!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:02 am
That isn't something I know about Dave...but maybe another member here will know...so, hang tight.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:46 pm
i appreciate the response. It is an odd question and I wouldn't think it had been done on a regular basis. I figured that this would be the place where I have the best chance of finding someone who has done it.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:28 am
Copy that...

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:46 pm
I'm trying to get my Hands on a 308 Coyote Light, you would think that some smaller gun shops will be able to get me one, but no, even the guys at Bass Pro seems not very helpful in order it for me, any idea's where i might be able to buy one.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:44 am
CapeBuffalo wrote:I'm trying to get my Hands on a 308 Coyote Light, you would think that some smaller gun shops will be able to get me one, but no, even the guys at Bass Pro seems not very helpful in order it for me, any idea's where i might be able to buy one.

I've been distracted with other firearms lately so I hadn't looked at the group in a while. I'm not sure that this will be helpful at this point but I know a FFL through a friend and had him special order mine. I might have seen one on the shelf at Sportsman's Warehouse once but I don't think it was in the caliber I wanted.

It may be possible to have a FFL order one through an outfit like CDNN Sports, Cheaper Than Dirt or a similar business. Cabela's will transfer store-to-store if you find one in their system, but their prices tend to be a little high.

Return to Winchester Model 70