Classic Stainless Synthetic Featherweight.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:08 am
A question for the brains trust on this Forum.
Just wondering if there is any way of finding out how many Winchester rifles of a particular model were made.
I have a Model 70,Classic Stainless Synthetic Featherweight,chambered in .270Win.,that I purchased New in 1996.
I would like to possibly find out how many of the Classic S. S. Featherweight`s were actually produced.
This is the only one of its` kind that I have ever seen,or heard of here in Australia.
Over the years,I have handled and heard of a number of Classic Stainless Synthetic Model 70`s,in various calibres that made their way to our shores,but never a Featherweight version like mine.
No doubt there were probably several Classic S. S. Featherweight`s imported into this country,but to get any information from Winchester Australia is impossible,as I have emailed them several times with no definitive answer.
Do many Model 70,Classic Stainless Synthetic Featherweight rifles appear for sale in the U.S.A.,or is it a seldom seen Firearm in the second hand racks of American Firearm Dealers ?
Any information about this particular model Firearm would be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou in advance,and cheers for now.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:22 am
Best way...call Winchester.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:25 pm
The Stainless Model 70 is available again this year in several grades. I have one of the deluxe models on order. It is a very common suggestion to Winchester and they have followed up on it. The new ones are about the best I have ever seen. I own them back from 1942 to 2017. The latest ones are amazing! Even the old ones hold their value and shoot well. The new ones though are just Awesome!.

Return to Winchester Model 70