Market for B&C stock from an Extreme SS?

Copper BB
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:32 pm
Is there a market for a slightly used stock from an Extreme Stainless M70? I'm kicking around customizing my .300WM for long range target and mid range elk. Brake, perhaps a magazine mod, maybe a custom stock.

I've not been able to find anyone selling their B&C stock. Is this something people are buying?
Joel
Washington, DC / Washington State

'83 M70FWT, .270, McMillan Hunter Graphite stock, Rifle Basix trigger, Leupold 4-12x40, Seekins Rings

'15 M70 Extreme Weather SS, .300WM, Zeiss Conquest 5-25x50

T/C Encore Pro Hunter - .223, 300WM, .50ML
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:18 am
Have you tried Numrich Gun Parts...?

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufacturers/W.htm

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:27 pm
Joelpat wrote:Is there a market for a slightly used stock from an Extreme Stainless M70? I'm kicking around customizing my .300WM for long range target and mid range elk. Brake, perhaps a magazine mod, maybe a custom stock.

I've not been able to find anyone selling their B&C stock. Is this something people are buying?

If it was a stock for a wsm-length action, I'd jump at it.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:24 pm
Not sure if this is what your looking for but I have a B&C stock for sale. It’s for a heavy barrel. It will not let me attach the photo for some reason.

http://www.bellandcarlson.com/index.cfm ... ry_ID=1083

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:30 pm
Sounds like both of these guys are trying to sell their Bell and Carlson stocks from Model 70 Extreme Weather Rifles. I think they should KEEP their Bell & Carlson stocks. They are some of the best synthetic stocks I have ever used. Boyd’s Black Laminate stocks are some of the best stocks of any kind we ever tested. Second were often heated treated Maple stocks. Synthetics are the least favored stocks for many uses. They often are homely and do not take real high heat or cold. The Bell and Carlson stocks though are very, very tough and stable. Not good to sell. If you have one hang on to it! If I had a real high end Tiger Maple Stock custom built a good back uo for harsh use where the rifle might get tossed around? Bell and Carlson!!

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2019 11:54 pm
I saw my old post brought back to life, so I thought I would give an update. First off, my OP was unclear. I was looking to sell the OEM stock, not buy. All that said, I sold it on Armslist for $75. I put a McMillan A3-5 Graphite on the rifle.
Joel
Washington, DC / Washington State

'83 M70FWT, .270, McMillan Hunter Graphite stock, Rifle Basix trigger, Leupold 4-12x40, Seekins Rings

'15 M70 Extreme Weather SS, .300WM, Zeiss Conquest 5-25x50

T/C Encore Pro Hunter - .223, 300WM, .50ML

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:00 pm
I am having an Exhibtion Tiger Maple Stock on my 6.5 Creedmore. The Bell and Carlson Sythetic Stock is nice for a synthetic, but hardly as wonderful as the thermally modified Maple from Ronan, Montana where all the Maple stocks for W70 and Browning X Bolt stocks come from. Too bad a higher grade Maple is not directly available from Winchester or Browning. Grade AAA from Browning and Grade AAAA from Winchester is the end of the line. My custom stocks are hand checkered, length of pull, recoil pad, etc. and stock design is same as on the W70 Jack O’Connor Custom Tribute Rifles. If they didn’t shoot 1 MOA I WOULD NOT make that kind of investment. The thermally modified Maple stocks are tough, and beautiful!

Return to Winchester Model 70