Crossbolt question on Alaskan

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:22 am
In October of 2016 I purchased a new model 70 Alaskan in .375 H&H. It has dual crossbolts. According to all the Winchester literature I have seen, and their web site, only the Safari has dual crossbolts. This rifle was new in the box.

I got the Winchester 2017 catalog today and the Safari is still the only rifle listed with dual crossbolts. Even the picture of the Alaskan shows only one crossbolt. Ser. # starts with 35EZW. What do I have? Any ideas, maybe a one off? Factory screw up? Thanks in advance, Stu
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:48 am
Hard to say...no familiar with that model.

Have you called Winchester to ask them...?

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:31 am
Looking at the 2017 Winchester catalog and comparing photos and features of the Safari vs Alaskan, I see the safari has only 1 sling mount on the stock (the foreword sling mount is on the barrel). I know this stock mount is unique as its screwed on with 2 screws. Also the Safari stock barrel channel has a extra hole milled into it to fit the extra recoil lug that's welded to the bottom of the barrel.
Does your Alaskan have these Safari features? If not count your self lucky that you scored the reinforced stock.

Return to Winchester Model 70