Markings on Magazine Boxes for Post 64 Rifles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:18 am
Hi there,

Does anyone know what the calibre the markings on the magazine boxes correspond to? For example I have seen A, B, K, KFC and M which I know is for magnum?

Does anyone have a reference of all the codes used?

I'm in Australia and it's very hard to get Win 70/670 parts especially magazine boxes and floorplates. I'm looking at customising my two Win 670s to fit on the floorplate model stocks but do you think I can find them or get the guys in the US to post them to me.

If someone can help me out to locate some parts for Win 70/670 long actions models from 1968 onwards it would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Jorge
“The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!”
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:00 pm
So no-one has any idea about the codes on the Win 70 magazines?

Cheers

Jorge
“The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!”
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:07 pm
Does this help ya Jorge ?! ( close to bottom of the page )

http://www.wisnersinc.com/additional_in ... 64_M70.htm
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:33 pm
Thanks for your reply Shooter13 but I believe that's the codes for the DBM, detachable magazines, not the ones for the magazine insert with the floor plate and blind mag models.

Thanks anyway for taking the time to respond.

Cheers

Jorge
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:58 pm
How about some "clear" pictures of the mag floorplate markings you are asking about...!?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:53 pm
Here is what I mean. This one is marked "B"
Attachments
Win 70 Mag Box marked B.jpg
Win 70 Mag Box marked B.jpg (84.28 KiB) Viewed 7825 times

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:47 pm
If you go to the Winchester web site, you will find a parts catalog listed as a PDF file, that you can download. You can order many of the parts right from them. The B is not listed anymore. The A is also not listed, but it is for a SA, like a .308, in a LA receiver. I got a .30-06 magazine from them and there were 2 listed and the guy didn't know the difference, so I got both. The KR was for the newer one piece floorplate and the KFC was for the older 2 piece floorplate. There are some different ones that have 2 numbers and most have one with an R, but they are not to expensive, is why I got both.

Return to Winchester Model 70