M70 7mm WSM Parts Help Needed!

.22LR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:45 pm
:shock: :shock:

I have NEVER looked so hard for parts in my life. I have a post 64 M70 in 7mm WSM that needs a new stock. No problem. Except that it's a 2 piece lower. They're out of production and the 1 piece sections are 'spensive. I have decided on a Hogue overmolded stock, which gives me the choice of going with a 2 or 1 piece lower.

Can you guys tell me where I can find these parts? I'm looking for everything but the mag spring and follower. This is REEEEALLY bumming me out.

BTW, it's a cheap version of the rifle... Winchester told me it was the WalMart version. It's a Shadow, but not the ultimate. I guess it's the "Budget Shadow" or something.LOL... I don't want to bash it. I love M70s, but this is where cutting corners rears it's ugly head. I wis this had been made consistently with the others in the line-up. Just another example of WalMart ruining my day...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:00 pm
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum alabaster !!

Where on the internet did you look...?

.22LR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:00 pm
Found 'em on ebay.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:49 pm
Excellent...!!

Return to Winchester Model 70