Hello from South Carolina

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:39 am
I just signed up to be a member of this forum as I am a huge fan on President Theodore Roosevelt. I hope one day to own the infamous Winchester 1895 as that appears to have been his favorite gun. I'm after a short...not a wall hanger. I was born in Indiana when my Dad was in the service and then grew up in Pennsylvania and entered the Air Force in 1983. I retired as a Chief Master Sergeant after 26 years of service. I worked as a military contractor until I became 100% disabled.

So now I sit here searching the Internet for the Win 1895 and as much information as I can possibly find and hope one day to own an affordable piece of our firearm history. I now live in Sumter South Carolina after retiring from Shaw Air Force Base
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:26 am
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:09 pm
Gametracker welcome to the forum! Secondly, thank you for your service to this nation!

I too am a huge fan of Teddy Roosevelt myself! Very intriguing man, President, avid hunter to say the least.
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:19 pm
I've been listening to audio books of the man... The Rise of Theodore Roosevelt and Theodore Rex (both written by Edmund Morris) these books are probably to best I've ever read regarding the President's life. I even collected presidential campaign buttons from 1900 and 1904. He's definitely a pretty amazing individual!
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:10 pm
That's great! Teddy Roosevelt was definitely cut from a different cloth. Many didn't like him, yet many admired him. He was in office not unlike a time we are at now as a nation in many ways. Yet despite adversity he faced he overcame it all.
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member

Return to New Member Welcome Area