Hello From Georgia

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.
Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:28 pm
My first post here. So I'll just take this time to show the Winchesters that I have.

Here are 6 Model 12's that I've accumulated over the years. One belonged to my grandpa, 1 belonged to my great grandpa and 2 of them belonged to my uncle which were Super-X Mags and a couple I picked up along the way. The one with the rubber boot on the butt was my grandpa's favorite gun. The butt is not broken or chipped he just liked that rubber boot because it was comfortable so I left it the way he had it.

This is a Winchester Super-X Model 1 12 ga. below that belonged to my uncle. As far as I can tell it's never been fired. It came with an extra barrel.
You can't see it in the picture but in one little place on the white spacer between the recoil pad and butt I hit it while putting it in my safe and it took a chip out of it. I'm always so careful not to hit something with my guns and damn if I didn't...bummer! I've been looking for that part for a while now to replace it but I can't find one anywhere. Maybe one of you guys have a source?

This old 1897 12 ga. belonged to my great grandpa. He used it for quail and duck hunting.

This old picture shows his 97 leaning against a tree with a string of birds he killed that day along with his hunting dog Sam.

My Winchester Model 94 .30-30 is in the center of the photo below. It was made in 1951 and belonged to my Uncle. The other 2 are Marlins. The one on top is a Marlin 1889 .38-40 with an octagon barrel that my great grandpa bought new in 1893. The one at the bottom of the photo is a Marlin 94 .44 Mag that I bought about 20 years ago.

This is a Model 1200 Riot 12 ga. that was a police trade-in. It didn't look very good when I bought it. It had big white ID numbers painted on the butt stock. So I guess it spent most of it's life riding around in a police cruiser. I took some fine steel wool and oil and carefully rubbed the numbers off. Not bad looking for a $125 gun that I won't worry about if it ever has to be taken in for evidence should I ever need to use it to fend for my life since it's the one that sits by my bedside.

Well I guess I've rambled on long enough. Thanks for having me as a member of your fine forum.

.22LR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:55 pm
Hi Rook, Welcome. Nice collection!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:02 pm
Welcome! Nice collection.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
20g
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:50 am
Howdy Rook!

Welcome and thanks for all the pics of your herd. Nice early guns from your past kin.

You have 1 of my favorites. The 97. Have 2 97s. One with standard 32" and 1 18".
GOA Life Member
NRA Sustaining Member
USMC Korea vet
Retired CWO3 USCGR

.270 WIN
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:21 am
Welcome Rook, nice bunch of Winchesters . Participate and enjoy.
Too old to be nice, never too old to learn!
Vendor
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:35 am
welcome................
Administrator
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:12 pm
Howdy, welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere...
Cheers!
ripjack13

Return to New Member Welcome Area