Hi from Bedfordshire, England!

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:23 am
Hi my name is jack and im from the uk, i have just bought a .243 mod 70 coyote, the stainless and laminate stock model. It was made in the haven plant and im trying to find out how the barrel was made. Ive read every where including winchesters site that the 70 barrels were hammer forged except the stainless, so does anyone know if they are actually hammered or button rifled etc. thanks in advance.
Jack Rollings
Administrator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:33 am
Welcome to Winchester Owners forum! We are glad to have you as part of our growing community. Take some time to familiarize yourself with the various sub-forums and make yourself at home. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask. Please enjoy your stay.

I don't have an answer to your question but I am sure someone will chime in.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:02 am
Thanks, have found some interesting info. Its just really bugging me now to find out where, who and how the new haven stainless barrels where made.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:00 pm
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum Jack !!
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:16 pm
A big welcome Jack from Hertfordshire ;)
God Created Man And God Created Woman
Sam Colt Made Them Equal
.22LR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:01 pm
welcome from Florida
Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, AMVETS, Society of the 5th Infantry Division

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:00 am
Cheers guys, hopefully taking delivery of a new old stock 2006 coyote in .243, the stainless and lamninated model. Just trying to find out what length action what used on this rifle. There are conflicting stories as to it being the short action or WSM, does anybody know? Also struggling to find the right scope bases :-/

Return to New Member Welcome Area