New Member from Michigan

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:46 am
Greetings fellow Winchester owners. You can call me swampy. I've been a Winchester owner since I was about 12 years old. My father started me with a Winchester Model 9422. Nice little gun. Then my grandpa gave me his vintage Winchester Model 1886, chambered in .33 Win. That was my first deer rifle. I bagged my first deer with it. The gun was manufactured in 1901. Action still breaks like glass.

Since then I have enjoyed owning quite a few Winchester rifles, and a couple of shotguns too. Once upon a time I delved into gunstock restoration and some metal finishing. But life has a way of throwing curve balls and I lost my home and little shop through a divorce. I kept all my Winchesters though, and my self-respect.

I look forward to getting to know the folks on WinchesterOwners.Com :mrgreen:
Swampy
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:09 am
Welcome board Swampy! To many of us, just as folks are with car brands, we become accustomed to Winchesters and it sticks with us throughout our lives.

Lot of us go have similar stories as well. Grandpa was a Winchester man, passed that heritage along to us, and now we are passing that heritage along to our grandkids as well.

Some of us even divorce as well. I not unlike you never put my Winchesters in jeopardy of losing them.

Great forum here, and as all things is only as good as those willing to participate. Look forward to conversing along the way. When ya can show some photos of your Winchesters as many like myself love to see what others have.
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:31 am
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...

Copper BB
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:58 am
Guys I am trying to add an image, but i get a reply that reads "sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached". Ok, who as a fix for this? I have tons of photos.
Swampy
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:01 am
I'll look into it and send the admin a note...may take a few days, being it's the weekend.
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:58 pm
Swampy, log out and try logging back in, might rest the "system" so to speak. I have had that before as well.

Also, you will have to resize your photos. I use a free online photo resizer website. I set the first field to 250 and it auto adjusts the rest and then I can post away. All ya have to do then is copy the IMG link they provide. Do a preview before you post and see what it actually looks like. Saves some headaches so to speak.
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member

Return to New Member Welcome Area