New member from Ramer, Tennessee

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:52 am
Love talking guns with other gun nuts like myself but I'm by no means an expert. That's why I joined. I have a question on a Winchester model 1912 20 ga. I just recently inherited. Is it true they only came in 20 ga. In 1912? And also what would the value be for that gun? It's in excellent shape, nickel steel, modified barrel, 5 digit serial # 35343.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:33 am
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:02 pm
wilabrig89 wrote:Love talking guns with other gun nuts like myself but I'm by no means an expert. That's why I joined. I have a question on a Winchester model 1912 20 ga. I just recently inherited. Is it true they only came in 20 ga. In 1912? And also what would the value be for that gun? It's in excellent shape, nickel steel, modified barrel, 5 digit serial # 35343.

Welcome to the forum first & foremost! By no means am I am expert on anything either, that's why Forums and such like this is a valuable resource. Another sight for Winchester Values and discussion that is outstanding is the WACA The Winchester Arms Collectors Association.

Yes it is true that initially the Model 12 was only offered in 20 gauge. It was also the first gun of any type that was offered or chambered in 20 Gauge. 12 Gauge and 16 Gauge Model 12's appeared in 1914. 1914 was also the first year Winchester offered the Pigeon Grade model 12.

You Model 12 was made in 1914. In as far as value, it is all condition, condition, and condition. Of course a refinish devalues a gun from a collectors point of view. Great that you inherited this gun, as passing a firearm down through the family is outstanding.

There is a sub-forum for Model 12's, don't pick an open post to post pics but instead start a new thread and post as many detailed pics of your Model 12 that you can. You will need to resize for forum rules and only limit you can post initially. This way we can help give some idea what you have. I know I'd sure like to see her!
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member

Return to New Member Welcome Area