Introduction

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:23 pm
Greetings Shooters,

I'm Buckshot, a nickname given to me by my collegiate shooting team. Raised in PA and GA I've moved around the country hunting and enjoying shooting sports and hunting where and when I can. I'm an avid trap & skeet shooter and instructor. I also perform minor gun repair and wood finishing. Now living in the Phoenix area for the last 20 years as with many, life and permit draw has impeded pursuit of some of my passions.
I recently acquired a Sears .22 Win Mag.; basically the same as a Win Mod. 150. I've wanted to take it down to refinish the stocks, inspect, clean and refurb. However I can't remove the barrel from the receiver even with a soak in penetrating oil. The other problem is I can't find a deep well socket to fit the butt stock nut. 5/8" seems too small & 11/16" with a turned down wall doesn't fit either. I'd really rather not open the stock hole any larger. Numrich shows the part but doesn't give size or specs. Looking for some answers.

Best Regards
& God Bless,

Buckshot
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:35 am
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:58 pm
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you bring a lot of experience & knowledge to the table so to speak! I could use one of those deep well sockets myself but have never located on either! If ya do find a source please advise!
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member

Return to New Member Welcome Area