New Member from Ontario

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:29 pm
Hello to everyone from Ontario. I am the proud owner of a 1959 Winchester 88 chambered for .308. I bought this firearm in January from a senior hunter who unfortunately had to part with it because his hunting days are behind him. I will be hunting with this Winchester near Calabogie in eastern Ontario. I am a correctional officer and new to deer hunting. Last November, during my first hunt, I shot a nice ten point buck near White Lake, Ontario. I wish I had taken this up years ago.
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 9:17 am
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:13 pm
Aguila125 wrote:Hello to everyone from Ontario. I am the proud owner of a 1959 Winchester 88 chambered for .308. I bought this firearm in January from a senior hunter who unfortunately had to part with it because his hunting days are behind him. I will be hunting with this Winchester near Calabogie in eastern Ontario. I am a correctional officer and new to deer hunting. Last November, during my first hunt, I shot a nice ten point buck near White Lake, Ontario. I wish I had taken this up years ago.

Sorry I missed your post until now! Hard to keep up with online activities with every day life.

At any rate...WELCOME aboard! Nothing beats hunting on my opinion. I am partial to Model 88's, and I own 2 of them as well, both in 308 too. Unfortunate that that fella had to give up hunting, but you became the owner of the most refined and modern lever action centerfire rifle ever produced in my opinion.

Sure would like to see some good photos of her if you can in the appropriate sub-forum!

Again welcome aboard!
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member

Return to New Member Welcome Area