New member from Naples Florida

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:48 pm
Hello all and thank you for allowing me to join. Growing up in Wisconsin I am a avid Deer Hunter. I've always had an appreciation for quality firearms but have not been a collector. I have three Winchester model 70's. I recently acquired a Winchester model 70 super grade custom shop 300 WinMag. It is a beautiful gun and my intent was to use it for hunting. It has not been fired and I was trying to find out more information about it. The serial number is G1XXX. It has the custom shop stamp on the barrel and has a lot of heavy scrolling. I contacted the Winchester repeating arms historian and he believes it was manufactured in the mid to late 80s; but that's all the information he had. I would like to know about what year it was manufactured in and about what it may be worth. I am not interested in selling it I just want to know if I should take it hunting or leave it in the safe. Any wisdom you could share would be greatly appreciated.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:55 am
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:29 pm
Welcome to the forum! Hunting introduced many of us to the world of firearms. For me it was an introduction to the world of Winchester. I have always been drawn to them as my Grandfather only owned Winchester's.

M70 are as was coined years ago...a riflemans rifle!
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member

Return to New Member Welcome Area