New Guy from Texas!

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

.22LR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:58 pm
Howdy Amigos!

New here and first time post. I'm relatively new to the shooting sports and am trying to learn as much as I can. So far, I have a very small collection of firearms which one day I hope my son will inherit. And part of that inheritance will hopefully be a Winchester Model 12 16 gauge I acquired yesterday at a gun show - my first Winchester! I've been wanting one of these for awhile, even though I had never seen one in person, much less shot one. But reading about its long history and how great, smooth and durable they are, made me want one. Besides, just the name "Winchester" elicits all kinds of nostalgic American history, of which I love to read. From the serial number, mine looks like it was made some time in the early 1930's. No pics right now, but hopefully I can post some up soon. I have quite a few questions about it and will continue to read and learn as much as I can. This forum is a real treasure of useful info, and hopefully I can contribute to it as well.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:33 am
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:21 am
Welcome to the forum! Yes the name Winchester brings about many thoughts, stories, and emotions. Most almost immediately think of that name as the gun that won the west!

You are on track for passing down a heritage to your Son! Be for earned however this so-called collecting of Winchesters can turn into an addiction! :mrgreen:
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member

Return to New Member Welcome Area