New Member North Florida

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:26 pm
Greetings from rural North Florida. I love Pre-64 Winchesters. My collection includes a M 70 in .264 and a few M 12's in 12 and 16 ga. I'm retired from the Air Traffic Control field and have lived and hunted from Alaska to Florida. One of my M 12 will not eject the spent cartridge because the Barrell Centering ring holds it tight after firing. I think I can ream it and restore full function. Question: what is the inside diameter of the Barrell Centering Ring for a 12 gauge? My email is floridapilot@yahoo.com.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:46 am
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...

Sorry...don't have a M12 to provide the required measurements.

.22LR
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:49 pm
Welcome Floridapilot! What part of North Florida are you from? I used to live in Tallahassee, Palatka and Pensacola back in the 80's and 90's and loved it.

Sorry, I can't help you with your question on the ring diameter. I just got my very first M12, a 16 gauge, and am enjoying learning all about these great shotguns.
.270 WIN
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:25 am
Sorry I missed this post!

Welcome to the forum!

Wish I could help you on the ring diameter as well but can not. Just curious as to why you think the barrel centering ring is the culprit to not ejecting shells??

Would sure like to see pics of your Winchester's in the appropriate sub-forums when ya can...we all like to see others collections!

That is a lot of territory to cover Florida to Alaska!
Noli Me Tangere

NRA Sustaining Member
WACA Member

Return to New Member Welcome Area