New Member from Colorado

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:05 pm
Started taking an interest in the Winchester Model 70, thanks to Carlos Hathcock. He was doing his thing in Vietnam while I was there (68-69). I just did not know anything about until 40+ years later!

I collected most of the older military rifles up through the M-16/AR-15 including the M1A/M14. After reading the Carlos Hathcock book "White Feather" a few years ago I formulated the idea that I needed a Winchester Model 70. That finally bubbled to the top a couple of months ago.

In looking for a Model 70 I ran across the older Winchester Model 54 (which quite frankly I did not even know existed) . Being an iron sight kind of guy I really liked the Model 54 with the Lyman 48. So I purchased a Model 54 in .30-06 (my personal favorite), 24" barrel, Lyman 48, manufactured in 1933.

I really like that rifle and I not really a bolt guy. But this rifle, like the Model 70 has turned my head.

Not knowing enough about the old Winchester firearms I started looking for a forum I could get good information from.

And folks, that is why I am here.
Last edited by wmdphillips on Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:33 am
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum !!

Thank You for Your Service to our Great Nation...

Enjoy our community...

Copper BB
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:54 pm
and... a Great Nation it is!

Return to New Member Welcome Area