New Member from So Cal

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

Copper BB
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:42 am
Hello all;
I have been a rifle shooter and hunter since about 1980. Was a competitive 3-D archer (local level) for about 10 years.
My first big game rifle was a Winchester 70 XTR in 300 Win mag purchased new in 1980 and it has undergone some transformations. Kevlar stock, Hard Chrome finish, Timney trigger and a muzzle brake.

I purchased a used Winchester 70 Heavy barrel .243 from 1975 used circa 1988. It too has undergome transformation. Hogue overmolded stock with aluminum block, Cerakote Barrel & Action, Timneyt trigger and a Brake.

In 1994 I purchased a Winchester 70 HBV in .220 swift and this has been my go to Pet Rifle for 23 years. I have won numerous local competitions with this rig and killed lots of coyotes. The last several years I have been prairie dog hunting in Seligman, AZ and my best shot is 635 yards so far. These are squirrel size prairie dogs.

I also have two vintage Winchester 94's. A saddle ring carbine from 1907, in pretty good shape. It has lots of character. I wonder how many deer were taken for food by this gun.

I found another 94 from 1961 (my birth year) and this is probably in 95% condition.

I have lots of other rifles, shotguns and handguns. I've been shooting Pistol tactical competitions with my now 15 year old son. My son usually places in the top 3 to 5 competitiors now. Kicks my butt.

I'm looking forward to exchanging info and stories here.

Thank you.

Mike C
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:37 am
Welcome to the Winchester Owners Forum !!

Enjoy our community...

Return to New Member Welcome Area