New from Nevada

New to the forum? Post up and let us know a little about you and your interests.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:51 am
Hi folks. I just joined the forum and have posted a couple of times. I just picked up a new Model 70 Featherweight in 30-06 and found a pristine 1963 Model 94 at a gun show the other day. These are my hunting rifles.

I also have AR style sporting rifles in .223, 5.56, 6.5 Grendel and .308. These are range guns and really fun to shoot and compete with but not good for hunting because of their weight. My home defense weapon is a Benelli M4 Super 90 and my handgun is a Kimber custom II stainless 1911 .45ACP. I do some light gunsmithing. AR's are so plug and play that you really can't call yourself a gunsmith just because you can build a tack driver from parts. I do have a Smithy and I do all my own machining when needed.

My other passion is fishing and I was previously a licensed guide in California. I'm retired now and recently bought a new 22' North River. I fish Pyramid Lake and Eagle Lake which are fairly close by. The snow is about done here in Northern Nevada and fishing season is about to go WFO so I'll be on the water somewhere most of the time until October when I split my time between hunting and fishing.

Steve Schefer
Administrator
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:08 pm
Howdy, welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
Please, feel free to chime in on any conversation, anywhere, and let us know if you have any questions.

ripjack13
ripjack13

Return to New Member Welcome Area